I was recently asked, as part of a team, to help contract workers become a part of an innovative team. There are so many places to start. But our first observation and recommendation was, “you are currently a group and we need to move you into a Team.” How do we do that? Here is where I would START:
The Business Ethics class is reading The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team. Today we discussed how to have healthy conflict. Some of the groups’ thoughts on healthy conflict (HC) were:
1. HC helps the team rethink the process
2. HC is about how you speak to each other. Respect must be present.
3. HC is about being a team and working through things together.
4. The goal of HC is to have a better outcome.
5. HC involves coming to the conflict prepared…. Both to possibly be wrong and to have alternatives to solve the conflict.